Guillermo Portillo, MD
- Fellowships – Bariatric Surgery and Laparoscopic/Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Highland Hospital, Rochester, NY; Advanced Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery (research fellowship), Texas Endosurgery Institute, San Antonio.
- Residencies & Internships – General Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio; General Surgery, Universidad Nacional Autonoma DeMexico in Mexico City, La Raza National Medical Center Hospital.
- Medical School - Universidad De La Salle, Mexico City.
- Board Certified by American Board of Surgery
Board certified in general surgery, Dr. Guillermo Portillo is a dual fellowship trained surgeon with decades of experience. Dr. Portillo is bilingual in English and Spanish, and has practiced medicine in South Texas, New York and Mexico. He is highly regarded for his skill as a general surgeon and leadership capabilities, having served as chief resident at hospitals in Mexico City and San Antonio.
- American College of Surgery, Associate member
- American Medical Association
- Mexican Board of General Surgery
- Mexican Association of General Surgeons
- Federation of Latin-American Endoscopic Surgeons
- World Journal of Gastroenterology, Editorial Board